Friday, August 20, 2010

Bio-Blog

Well this is me(Antonio) on the right hand side, my wife and I are at a local Buffalo Wild Wings, B-Dubs as I like to call it, happens to be one of my favorite establishments.  I find that being a big sports fan, Buffalo Wild Wings does a great job of joining food and sporting events.  I enjoy being active, by taking part in a few hobbies which include, golfing, recreational basketball leagues, and working out.  My two children ages 3& 6 keep me busy, I find myself wanting to stay active for their sake. 
In the future I plan on teaching Social Studies at the High School level, but find myself throwing around the idea of becoming a Middle School teacher as well.  I look forward to the challenge of incorporating my own philosophy into the classroom, teaching became an ambition of mine only after spending the last ten years of my life working with children, in several different forms.  One of this endeavors was coaching boys high school basketball at the JV level.  I have an ambition to get back into coaching, it was a tough decision to choose my education over coaching when I decided to step away. 
My interests include American History, specifically the 1900's to the present, I find that this section of history is highly relevant to current happenings around the political spectrum  Politics is something which I find fascinating, albeit somewhat frustrating in it's present form.  It is just an opinion of mine that politicians would be well suited to look back to our history and find that some of America's biggest changes came around due to compromise, regardless of political party.  Finally, my last interest is a guilty pleasure, reality television.  That is all I am going to say about that subject.  Hopefully this bio-blog shed some light onto who is Antonio Mercado . 

Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Antonio --- thanks for sharing. Yes, it's difficult to balance ones love for coaching, raising a family, going to school, holding a job, etc.
    Middle schools are in need for more male role models. That, combined with your passion for history and coaching make for a wonderful combination.

    ReplyDelete